Welcome to beautiful Topsail Island. Our goal at Island Family Medicine is to provide the very best quality state-of-the-art medical care, whether you are one of our local residents or just visiting.
J Seaborn Blair III, MD
- Diplomate American Board of Family Medicine
Education & Training:
- Residency in Family Medicine - Pitt County Memorial Hospital, Greenville, NC
- Doctor of Medicine, Family Medicine - East Carolina University, Greenville, NC
- Master of Science - East Carolina University, Greenville, NC
- Bachelor of Science, University of North Carolina @ Wilmington, Wilmington, NC
Societies & Membership
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- North Carolina Academy of Family Physicians
- North Carolina Medical Society
- New Hanover-Pender Medical Society
Dr. J. Seaborn Blair III is a fourth generation family physician and founder of Island Family Medicine. He started his medical career on Hatteras Island where he served the people of that community for over 19 years. No stranger to Topsail Island, he relocated to the area in 2007 to be closer to his family. He has had a love and passion for Topsail since he was a young boy spending most of his free time on the water fishing or surfing. He started Island Family Medicine in 2010 and his love for this area continues as he serves the people of this community. His area of medical interest includes the full spectrum of family medicine including pediatric care, women’s health and urgent care with special interest in dermatological procedures and orthopedics. He is an active teacher to resident and medical students, having faculty appointments from both East Carolina University and the University of North Carolina. Over the span of his career he has been the receipt of numerous awards and accolades, most recently being nominated as a finalist for the 2016 Wilmington area Healthcare Heroes award. Dr. Blair resides in Surf City, with his wife Sharon and two of his three children. His love for the water lives on as you will usually find him on his boat, fishing or surfing if he isn’t working.